Some Topics of Conversation

Some Topics of Conversation

New autograph card by Tabea Blumenschein

My friend P. writes me to say that an accident happened at the opening of König Gallery.  One of the giant, steel I-beam sculptures by Jose Dávila was knocked over while he was there. P. says it made the loudest noise. Then he heard someone say that "all art is dangerous" and someone else refer to the near fatal accident as "a performance." 

At Peres Projects I talk with Javier Peres. I like him. He can talk about the old masters in front of graffiti sprayed canvases depicting tulips without blinking an eye. 

"Do you want to go outside to smoke?" the gallerist asks me. "I don't smoke," I say. I'm a bit "dur de comprenure" so she has to wink and then I finally get it. Outside she sighs, "How come these two mediocre, boring men are directors of museums?" Later I talk to my friend W. about this. He says that first we have to have two boring men and two boring women in power. Then, after equality, we can start talking about quality. 

"I can't sing." the dancer tells me. She says that people are always surprised about this. She is supposed to know how to use her body to produce a good sound. 

I'm at the New Year party of the queer magazine Siegessäule. It's in the new Bar Babiche of Lena Braun at the Potsdamer Straße. There's loud music and a man is talking in my ear. He's the music critic of the magazine. "What is the last record you bought?" he asks me. I wonder if that is his pick-up line. It kind of puts me in a bad position because I've never bought a record in my life. "What is the last art work you bought?" I counter. 

FACEBOOK TWITTER TUMBLR PINTEREST